Valor Payroll Solutions
Utah Payroll Information
Enterprise payroll expertise, exclusively for small businesses.
Paying Employees in Utah
Utah 2022 Minimum Wage:
- $7.25 per hour
- $2.13 per hour for tipped employees
Utah Overtime Rules: 1.5 x’s the regular rate of pay for all hours worked in excess of 40 in a workweek
Utah Paystub Requirements:
- An employer must, on each regular payday, furnish the employee with a statement showing the total amount of each deduction.
How often do you have to pay employees in Utah?
- Employees must be paid at regular intervals at least twice per month
- Wages must be paid within ten days of the pay period end date
- If a payday falls on a Saturday, Sunday or legal holiday wages should be paid on the preceding business day
- Salaried employees may be paid monthly
When is an employee’s final check due in Utah?
- Voluntary resignation – wages are due by the next regular payday.
- Involuntary termination – wages are due within 24 hours. The employer satisfies the 24 hour requirement if a direct deposit payment is initiated within 24 hours of the termination.
Utah Withholding Tax
Utah Withholding Tax Registration
Wages Subject to Utah Withholding
- All wages earned in Utah by residents and nonresidents is subject to Utah withholding
- All wages earned by Utah residents in other states is subject to Utah withholding.
Utah Employee’s Withholding Exemption Certificate
- Use federal Form W-4
Utah Withholding Tax Due Dates
- Due monthly on last day of following month if you withhold $1,000 or more per month
- Due quarterly on last day of the month following quarter-end if you withhold less than $1,000 per month
- Due annually by Jan 31 if you are a household employer
Utah Unemployment Tax
Utah Unemployment Tax Registration
Utah Unemployment Tax Employer Liabilities
- New employer rate: Varies, industry rated
- 2022 Wage Base: $41,600
Utah Unemployment Tax Due Dates
- Return and payment are due quarterly on the last day of the month following the end of the reporting period
Utah New Hire Reporting
- Employers can submit new hires online on Utah Department of Workforce Services website
- Utah New Hire Registry
PO Box 45247
Salt Lake City, UT 84145-0247
- Phone: (801) 526-9235
- Fax: (801) 526-4391
Utah Child Support
- Employers can submit Utah child support payments electronically using TouchPay
- ORS Child Support Services
PO Box 45011
Salt Lake City, UT 84145-0011
- Phone: (801) 536-8500