Valor Payroll Solutions
Illinois Payroll Information
Enterprise payroll expertise, exclusively for small businesses.
Paying Employees in Illinois
Illinois 2023 Minimum Wage:
- $7.80/hour for tipped employees
- $10.50/hour for youth
Illinois Overtime Rules:
- 1.5 x’s the regular rate for all hours worked over 40 in a workweek
Illinois Paystub Requirements:
- Employers shall keep records of names and addresses of all employees and of wages paid each payday, and shall furnish each employee with an itemized statement of deductions made from his wages for each pay period.
How often do you have to pay employees in Illinois?
- Employees must be paid at least semi-monthly no later than 13 days after the pay period end date
When is an employee’s final check due in Illinois?
- Voluntary resignation – next regular payday
- Involuntary termination – next regular payday
Illinois Withholding Tax Registration
- Register online
- Wages earned within Illinois is subject to IL income tax (unless employee is a resident of Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, or Wisconsin)
- Wages earned by IL residents that is not taxes by another state is subject to IL income tax
Illinois Employee’s Withholding Exemption Certificate
- Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, and Wisconsin
Illinois Withholding Tax Due Dates
- Due monthly on the 15th day of following month if you are first time taxpayer or have reported $12,000 or less during lookback period
- Due semi-weekly on Wednesday for Wed-Fri pay dates or Friday for preceding Sat-Tues if you exceed $12,000 in withholding during a quarter
Illinois Unemployment Tax Registration
- Register online
Illinois Unemployment Tax Employer Liabilities
- New employer rate: 3.95%
- 2023 Wage Base: $13,271
Illinois Unemployment Tax Due Dates
- Return and payment are due quarterly on the last day of the month following the end of the reporting period
Illinois New Hire Reporting
- New hires must be reported within 20 days
- Illinois New Hire Directory
PO Box 19473
Springfield, IL 62794-9473
- Phone: 312-327-4473
- Fax: 217-557-1947
- Report online
- Report using paper form
- Illinois State Disbursement Unit
PO Box 5400
Carol Stream, IL 60197-5400
- Phone: 877-664-5738
- Pay online
Additional Illinois Business Resources
What Our Satisfied Clients are Saying
Valor Payroll Solutions has, quite literally, changed my life. I’m the CEO of a small, but fast growing, company, and I had previously been taking care of our multi-state payroll myself. It was overwhelming and I did not have the necessary expertise. Christina from Valor stepped in and took our payroll over completely, including all of the multi-state tax filings and other reporting. She also fixed all of the mistakes I didn’t even know I had made. She is kind, gracious, knowledgeable, attentive, and communicative. She has improved my company and has allowed us to continue growing. I would recommend Valor to any company with payroll needs. You will kick yourself for not doing it sooner.
Christina with Valor Payroll Solutions has been nothing short of amazing for our small business. She is kind, she is patient, she is prompt, and she has helped us learn so much that our previous payroll company was letting slide through the cracks. We are so grateful to have found her.
Christina was extremely helpfully and very patient. Christina delivered good work on this project. I enjoyed working with her, Her communication was top-notch, she met all deadlines, and her skills were reasonably strong. She helped me find additional information. I enjoyed working with Christina and will definitely be working with her in the future. Thank you Christina.
If I could give a 10 star I WOULD!! Usually I don’t take time to actually write reviews unless the experience was top notch. Christina is by far the MOST patience and professional individual, I’ve had the pleasure of working with. She answered all of my seriously silly questions without belittling me. She responds very fast, with great detail and clarity. I’ll def be using her again. Thank me later!
Christina was very knowledgeable in all the HR and hiring rules. She really helped me set up the hiring system for my startup. She called CA FTB to confirm the details and went over and above to do her job perfectly. It was awesome working with her and I am glad I hired her.
Christina is a great professional, works fast, pays attention to details, and is very thorough. Hope to work with her on more extensive tasks!
Christina did an excellent job on my project. Fast, professional and her work was superb!
Christina Hageny did some early work for our company and we were so impressed with her level of knowledge, expertise and commitment to the project that we signed her on to manage our company’s payroll full time. We deal in all 50 states and have employees spread out all over the country. As you can imagine, we brought a pretty complex set-up to the relationship, but Christina tackled it without any issue and got us back into compliance while ensuring that our team got compensated correctly and on time along the way. We do and will continue to recommend Christina Hageny and Valor Payroll Solutions to our friends and colleagues. Capable, trustworthy and unparalleled customer service!