Paying Employees in Georgia
Georgia 2021 Minimum Wage: $7.25/hour
Georgia Overtime Rules: 1.5 x’s the regular rate of pay for non-exempt employees for all hours worked over 40 in a workweek
Georgia Paystub Requirements:
How often do you have to pay employees in Georgia?
- With few exceptions, employers must pay employees at least twice per month.
When is an employee’s final check due in Georgia?
Georgia Withholding Tax
Georgia Withholding Tax Registration
- Register online using the Georgia Tax Center website
Wages subject to Georgia Withholding
- Income earned within Georgia is subject to Georgia withholding
- Income earned by residents outside of Georgia is subject to Georgia withholding
Georgia Employee’s Withholding Exemption Certificate
Georgia Withholding Tax Due Dates
- The lookback period is 12 month period ending 6/30 of the preceding calendar year.
- If >$50,000 semi-weekly payer, taxes due the following Wednesday for pay dates Wed-Fri and due the following Friday for pay dates Sat-Tue.
- If <$50,000 monthly payer, tax due on or before 15th day of following month.
- If tax is <$200 per month tax is due quarterly on the last day of the month following the end of the quarter.
- If <$800 per year tax is due annually by 1/31 following the end of Q4.
Georgia Unemployment Tax
Georgia Unemployment Tax Registration
- Register online using Georgia’s DOL website
Georgia Unemployment Tax Employer Liabilities
- New employer rate: 2.7%
- 2021 Wage Base: $9,500
Georgia Unemployment Tax Due Dates
- Return and payment are due quarterly on the last day of the month following the end of the reporting period
Georgia New Hire Reporting
- Georgia New Hire Reporting Program
PO Box 90728
Atlanta, GA 30364-0728
- Phone: 888-541-0469
- Fax: 888-541-0521
- Georgia new hire reporting online
Georgia Child Support
- Family Support Registry
PO Box 1800
Carrollton, GA 30112-1800
- Phone: 877-231-8573
- Remit Georgia child support payments online