Valor Payroll Solutions
Georgia Payroll Information
Enterprise payroll expertise, exclusively for small businesses.
Paying Employees in Georgia
Georgia 2023 Minimum Wage:
Georgia Overtime Rules:
- 1.5 x’s the regular rate of pay for non-exempt employees for all hours worked over 40 in a workweek
Georgia Paystub Requirements:
- No pay stub requirement
How often do you have to pay employees in Georgia?
- With few exceptions, employers must pay employees at least twice per month.
When is an employee’s final check due in Georgia?
- No state requirement
Georgia Withholding Tax Registration
- Register online using the Georgia Tax Center website
Wages subject to Georgia Withholding
- Income earned within Georgia is subject to Georgia withholding
- Income earned by residents outside of Georgia is subject to Georgia withholding
Georgia Employee’s Withholding Exemption Certificate
- Form G-4
Georgia Withholding Tax Due Dates
- The lookback period is 12 month period ending 6/30 of the preceding calendar year.
- If >$50,000 semi-weekly payer, taxes due the following Wednesday for pay dates Wed-Fri and due the following Friday for pay dates Sat-Tue.
- If <$50,000 monthly payer, tax due on or before 15th day of following month.
- If tax is <$200 per month tax is due quarterly on the last day of the month following the end of the quarter.
- If <$800 per year tax is due annually by 1/31 following the end of Q4.
Georgia Unemployment Tax Registration
- Register online using Georgia’s DOL website
Georgia Unemployment Tax Employer Liabilities
- New employer rate: 2.64%
- 2023 Wage Base: $9,500
Georgia Unemployment Tax Due Dates
- Return and payment are due quarterly on the last day of the month following the end of the reporting period
Georgia New Hire Reporting
- Georgia New Hire Reporting Program
PO Box 90728
Atlanta, GA 30364-0728
- Phone: 888-541-0469
- Fax: 888-541-0521
- Georgia new hire reporting online
Georgia Child Support
- Family Support Registry
PO Box 1800
Carrollton, GA 30112-1800
- Phone: 877-231-8573
- Remit Georgia child support payments online
Additional Georgia Business Resources
What Our Satisfied Clients are Saying
Valor Payroll Solutions has, quite literally, changed my life. I’m the CEO of a small, but fast growing, company, and I had previously been taking care of our multi-state payroll myself. It was overwhelming and I did not have the necessary expertise. Christina from Valor stepped in and took our payroll over completely, including all of the multi-state tax filings and other reporting. She also fixed all of the mistakes I didn’t even know I had made. She is kind, gracious, knowledgeable, attentive, and communicative. She has improved my company and has allowed us to continue growing. I would recommend Valor to any company with payroll needs. You will kick yourself for not doing it sooner.
Christina with Valor Payroll Solutions has been nothing short of amazing for our small business. She is kind, she is patient, she is prompt, and she has helped us learn so much that our previous payroll company was letting slide through the cracks. We are so grateful to have found her.
Christina was extremely helpfully and very patient. Christina delivered good work on this project. I enjoyed working with her, Her communication was top-notch, she met all deadlines, and her skills were reasonably strong. She helped me find additional information. I enjoyed working with Christina and will definitely be working with her in the future. Thank you Christina.
If I could give a 10 star I WOULD!! Usually I don’t take time to actually write reviews unless the experience was top notch. Christina is by far the MOST patience and professional individual, I’ve had the pleasure of working with. She answered all of my seriously silly questions without belittling me. She responds very fast, with great detail and clarity. I’ll def be using her again. Thank me later!
Christina was very knowledgeable in all the HR and hiring rules. She really helped me set up the hiring system for my startup. She called CA FTB to confirm the details and went over and above to do her job perfectly. It was awesome working with her and I am glad I hired her.
Christina is a great professional, works fast, pays attention to details, and is very thorough. Hope to work with her on more extensive tasks!
Christina did an excellent job on my project. Fast, professional and her work was superb!
Christina Hageny did some early work for our company and we were so impressed with her level of knowledge, expertise and commitment to the project that we signed her on to manage our company’s payroll full time. We deal in all 50 states and have employees spread out all over the country. As you can imagine, we brought a pretty complex set-up to the relationship, but Christina tackled it without any issue and got us back into compliance while ensuring that our team got compensated correctly and on time along the way. We do and will continue to recommend Christina Hageny and Valor Payroll Solutions to our friends and colleagues. Capable, trustworthy and unparalleled customer service!