Paying Employees in Wyoming
Wyoming 2021 Minimum Wage:
- $5.15 per hour (so use federal $7.25)
- $2.13 per hour for tipped employees
Wyoming Overtime Rules: 1.5 x’s the regular rate of pay for all hours worked in excess of 40 in a workweek
Wyoming Paystub Requirements:
- An employer must, at the time of each payment of wages, furnish each of his employees with a an itemized statement in writing showing all deductions made from wages
How often do you have to pay employees in Wyoming?
- For employers who operate a railroad, mine, refinery, factory, mill or workshop wages must be paid by the 1st of the month for wages earned 1-15 of the previous month and by the 15th of the month for wages earned between the 16 and end of month.
When is an employee’s final check due in Wyoming?
- Voluntary resignation – wages are due no later than the next regular payday.
- Involuntary termination – wages are due no later than the next regular payday.
Wyoming Withholding Tax
- N/A – no state income tax
Wyoming Unemployment Tax
Wyoming Unemployment Tax Registration
- Employers can register online using WYIU
Wyoming Unemployment Tax Employer Liabilities
- New employer rate: Varies, industry rated
- 2021 Wage Base: $27,300
Wyoming Unemployment Tax Due Dates
- Return and payment are due quarterly on the last day of the month following the end of the reporting period
Wyoming New Hire Reporting
- Employers are required to report rehires and new hires within 20 days
- Employers can report new hires online at http://www.wy-newhire.com/
- Wyoming New Hire Reporting Center
PO Box 1408
Cheyenne, WY 82003-1408
- Phone: (800) 970-9258
- Fax: (800) 921-9651
Wyoming Child Support
- Employers can remit Wyoming child support payments online at https://childsupportbillpay.com/recurringpayment/wyoming
- Wyoming Department of Family Services
State of Wyoming Disbursement Unit
2300 Capitol Avenue
Hathaway Bldg, Fifth Floor, Suite A
Cheyenne, WY 82002
- Phone: (888) 570-9914
- Fax: (307) 777-5301