Valor Payroll Solutions
Virginia Payroll Information
Enterprise payroll expertise, exclusively for small businesses.
Paying Employees in Virginia
- $12.00 per hour
Virginia Overtime Rules:
- 1.5 x’s the regular rate for non-exempt employees for hours worked over 40 in a workweek
- The name and address of the employer.
- The number of hours worked during the pay period.
- The rate of pay.
- The gross wages earned by the employee during the pay period.
- The amount and purpose of any deductions
How often do you have to pay employees in Virginia?
- Salaried employees must be paid at least once per month
- Hourly employees must be paid every two weeks or twice per month
When is an employee’s final check due in Virginia?
- Voluntary resignation – next regular payday
- Involuntary termination – next regular payday
- Register online
Wages subject to Virginia Withholding Tax
- Wages earned for work performed in Virginia that’s not eligible for an exemption
- Virginia resident wages that don’t qualify for an exemption for services performed outside of Virginia
- Virginia resident pension or annuity payments that aren’t eligible for an exemption
Virginia Employee’s Withholding Exemption Certificate
- Kentucky, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Washington DC and West Virginia
Virginia Withholding Tax Due Dates
- Due quarterly by the last day of the month following the quarter end if liability is less than $100 per month
- Due monthly by the 25th of the following month if liability is more than $100 but less than $1,000
- Due semiweekly if liability is $1,000 or more
Virginia Unemployment Tax Registration
- Register online
Virginia Unemployment Tax Employer Liabilities
- New employer rate: 2.5% (plus add-ons)
- 2023 Wage Base: $8,000
Virginia Unemployment Tax Due Dates
- Return and payment are due quarterly on the last day of the month following the end of the reporting period
Virginia New Hire Reporting
- Virginia New Hire Reporting Center
PO Box 3757
Dublin, OH 43016
- Phone: 800-979-9014
- Fax: 800-688-2680
- Report online
Virginia Child Support
- Division of Support Enforcement
Department of Social Services
PO Box 570
Richmond, VA 23218-0570
- Phone: 800-468-8894
- Pay online
Additional Virginia Payroll Resources
What Our Satisfied Clients are Saying
Valor Payroll Solutions has, quite literally, changed my life. I’m the CEO of a small, but fast growing, company, and I had previously been taking care of our multi-state payroll myself. It was overwhelming and I did not have the necessary expertise. Christina from Valor stepped in and took our payroll over completely, including all of the multi-state tax filings and other reporting. She also fixed all of the mistakes I didn’t even know I had made. She is kind, gracious, knowledgeable, attentive, and communicative. She has improved my company and has allowed us to continue growing. I would recommend Valor to any company with payroll needs. You will kick yourself for not doing it sooner.
Christina with Valor Payroll Solutions has been nothing short of amazing for our small business. She is kind, she is patient, she is prompt, and she has helped us learn so much that our previous payroll company was letting slide through the cracks. We are so grateful to have found her.
Christina was extremely helpfully and very patient. Christina delivered good work on this project. I enjoyed working with her, Her communication was top-notch, she met all deadlines, and her skills were reasonably strong. She helped me find additional information. I enjoyed working with Christina and will definitely be working with her in the future. Thank you Christina.
If I could give a 10 star I WOULD!! Usually I don’t take time to actually write reviews unless the experience was top notch. Christina is by far the MOST patience and professional individual, I’ve had the pleasure of working with. She answered all of my seriously silly questions without belittling me. She responds very fast, with great detail and clarity. I’ll def be using her again. Thank me later!
Christina was very knowledgeable in all the HR and hiring rules. She really helped me set up the hiring system for my startup. She called CA FTB to confirm the details and went over and above to do her job perfectly. It was awesome working with her and I am glad I hired her.
Christina is a great professional, works fast, pays attention to details, and is very thorough. Hope to work with her on more extensive tasks!
Christina did an excellent job on my project. Fast, professional and her work was superb!
Christina Hageny did some early work for our company and we were so impressed with her level of knowledge, expertise and commitment to the project that we signed her on to manage our company’s payroll full time. We deal in all 50 states and have employees spread out all over the country. As you can imagine, we brought a pretty complex set-up to the relationship, but Christina tackled it without any issue and got us back into compliance while ensuring that our team got compensated correctly and on time along the way. We do and will continue to recommend Christina Hageny and Valor Payroll Solutions to our friends and colleagues. Capable, trustworthy and unparalleled customer service!