Valor Payroll Solutions
Texas Payroll Information
Enterprise payroll expertise, exclusively for small businesses.
Paying Employees in Texas
Texas Overtime Rules: 1.5 x’s the regular rate of pay (non-exempt employees) for hours worked over 40 in a workweek
Texas Paystub Requirements:
At the end of each pay period, an employer shall give each employee a written earnings statement covering the pay period.
An earnings statement must be signed by the employer or the employer’s agent and must show:
- the name of the employee;
- the rate of pay;
- the total amount of pay earned by the employee during the pay period;
- any deduction made from the employee’s pay and the purpose of the deduction;
- the amount of pay after all deductions are made; and
- the total number of:
- hours worked by the employee if the employee’s pay is computed by the hour; or
- units produced by the employee during the pay period if the employee’s pay is computed on a piece rate.
An earnings statement may be in any form determined by the employer. The information required by Subsection (b) may be stated on a check voucher or bank draft given to an employee for the employee’s wages.
How often do you have to pay employees in Texas?
- Non-exempt employees must be paid at least twice per month
When is an employee’s final check due?
- Voluntary resignation – next regular payday
- Involuntary termination – within six calendar days
Texas Withholding Tax
- N/A – no state income tax
Texas Unemployment Tax
Texas Unemployment Tax Registration
- Register online
Texas Unemployment Tax Employer Liabilities
- New employer rate: 2.7%
- 2022 Wage Base: $9,000
Texas Unemployment Tax Due Dates
- Return and payment is due on the last day of the month following the end of the reporting period
Texas New Hire Reporting
- ENHR Operations Center
PO Box 149224
Austin, TX 78714-9224
- Phone: 800-850-6442
- Fax: 800-732-5015
- Report online
Texas Child Support
- Child Support Enforcement Division
Office of the Attorney General TXCSDU
PO Box 659791
San Antonio, TX 78265-9791
- Phone: 877-474-4463
- Pay online