Paying Employees in Tennessee
Tennessee 2020 Minimum Wage: $7.25 per hour
Tennessee Overtime Rules: 1.5 x’s the regular rate of pay for all hours worked in excess of 40 in a workweek
Tennessee Paystub Requirements:
How often do you have to pay employees in Tennessee?
- Employees must be paid at least twice per month.
When is an employee’s final check due in Tennessee?
- Voluntary resignation – wages are due by the next regular payday or 21 days of termination, whichever is later.
- Involuntary termination – wages are due by the next regular payday or 21 days of termination, whichever is later.
Tennessee Withholding Tax
- N/A – no state income tax
Tennessee Unemployment Tax
Tennessee Unemployment Tax Registration
Tennessee Unemployment Tax Employer Liabilities
- New employer rate: 2.7%
- 2020 Wage Base: $7,000
Tennessee Unemployment Tax Due Dates
- Return and payment are due quarterly on the last day of the month following the end of the reporting period
Tennessee New Hire Reporting
- Employers can submit new hires online using the Tennessee New Hire Reporting system
- Tennessee New Hire Reporting Program
PO Box 438
Norwell, MA 02061
- Phone: (888) 715-2280
- Fax: (877) 505-4761
Tennessee Child Support
- Employers can remit Tennessee child support payments online using the tn.smartchildsupport.com website.
PO Box 305200
Nashville, TN 37229
- Phone: (800) 446-0814
- Email: CsEmpServices.DHS@tn.gov