Valor Payroll Solutions
South Dakota Payroll Information
Enterprise payroll expertise, exclusively for small businesses.
Paying Employees in South Dakota
South Dakota 2022 Minimum Wage:
- $9.95 per hour
- $4.975 per hour for tipped employees
South Dakota Overtime Rules: 1.5 x’s the regular rate of pay for all hours worked in excess of 40 in a workweek
South Dakota Paystub Requirements:
- No pay stub requirement
How often do you have to pay employees in South Dakota?
- Employees must be paid at least once per month on a regular agreed payday.
When is an employee’s final check due in South Dakota?
- Voluntary resignation – wages are due by the next regular payday.
- Involuntary termination – wages are due by the next regular payday.
South Dakota Withholding Tax
- N/A – no state income tax
South Dakota Unemployment Tax
South Dakota Unemployment Tax Registration
- Employers can complete the registration online no the South Dakota Department of Labor & Regulation’s website
South Dakota Unemployment Tax Employer Liabilities
- New employer rate: 1.2% plus .55% investment fee
- 2022 Wage Base: $15,000
South Dakota Unemployment Tax Due Dates
- Return and payment are due quarterly on the last day of the month following the end of the reporting period
South Dakota New Hire Reporting
- Employers can report new hires online using the SD New Hire Reporting portal
- New Hire Reporting Center
PO Box 4700
Aberdeen, SD 57402-4700
- Phone: (888) 827-6078
- Fax: (888) 835-8659
South Dakota Child Support
- Employers can remit South Dakota child support payments via EFT
- South Dakota Department of Social Services
Division of Child Support
Child Support Payment Center
700 Governors Drive, Suite 84
Pierre, SD 57501
- Phone: (605) 773-3165
- Reemployment Assistance – Employer Handbook
- South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation
- South Dakota Workforce Services for Businesses