Paying Employees in Oklahoma
Oklahoma 2021 Minimum Wage: $7.25/hour
Oklahoma Overtime Rules: 1.5 x’s regular rate for all hours worked over 40 in the workweek
Oklahoma Paystub Requirements:
- An employer must include with each payment of wages a brief itemized statement of any and all deductions therefrom.
How often do you have to pay employees in Oklahoma?
- Non-exempt employees must be paid at least twice per month. State, county, municipal, and exempt employees must be paid at least once per month.
When is an employee’s final check due in Oklahoma?
- Voluntary resignation – next regular payday
- Involuntary termination – next regular payday
Oklahoma Withholding Tax
Oklahoma Withholding Tax Registration
Wages subject to Oklahoma Withholding Tax
- Except for the exceptions listed in the Withholding Tax guide, compensation for services rendered in Oklahoma is subject to Oklahoma withholding tax.
Oklahoma Employee’s withholding allowance certificate
Oklahoma Withholding TaxDue Dates
- Due monthly by the 20th of the following month if more than $500 withheld per quarter
- Due quarterly by the 20th of the month if less than $500 withheld per quarter
- Due semiweekly (federal deposit schedule) if more than $10,000 withheld per month.
Oklahoma Unemployment Tax
Oklahoma Unemployment Tax Registration
Oklahoma Unemployment Tax Employer Liabilities
- New employer rate: 1.5%
- 2021 Taxable Wage Base: $24,000
Oklahoma Unemployment Tax Due Dates
- Return and payment are due quarterly on the last day of the month following the end of the reporting period
Oklahoma New Hire Reporting
- Oklahoma New Hire Reporting Center
PO Box 52004
Oklahoma City, OK 73152-2004
- Phone: 866-553-2368
- Fax: 405-557-5350
- Report online or using paper form