Valor Payroll Solutions
North Dakota Payroll Information
Enterprise payroll expertise, exclusively for small businesses.
Paying Employees in North Dakota
North Dakota 2023 Minimum Wage:
- $7.25 per hour
- $4.86 per hour for tipped employees
North Dakota Overtime Rules:
- 1.5 x’s the regular rate of pay for all hours worked in excess of 40 in a workweek
North Dakota Paystub Requirements:
- Each time an employee is paid, an employer must provide a check stub or pay voucher listing the rate of pay, hours worked, and all deductions from earnings.
How often do you have to pay employees in North Dakota?
- Employees must be paid at least once per month on designated paydays.
When is an employee’s final check due in North Dakota?
- Voluntary resignation – wages are due on the next regular payday.
- Involuntary termination – wages are due on the next regular payday.
North Dakota Withholding Tax Registration
- Employers can register online on ND TAP
Wages Subject to North Dakota Withholding
- All wages earned by North Dakota residents are subject to North Dakota income tax unless work is performed in another state and the work state withholds state income tax
- If a nonresident works less than 21 days in North Dakota no withholding is required. All wages earned by nonresidents in North Dakota who work 21+ days in the state during the year are subject to North Dakota income tax unless they are residents of reciprocal states.
North Dakota Employee’s Withholding Exemption Certificate
- Use federal Form W-4
- Minnesota and Montana
North Dakota Withholding Tax Due Dates
- Due quarterly on last day of the month following quarter-end if withholding was over $500 in the preceding year
- Due annually by Jan 31 if withholding was less than $500 in the preceding year
North Dakota Unemployment Tax Registration
- Employers can register online on the North Dakota Unemployment Insurance Employer Account Systems website
North Dakota Unemployment Tax Employer Liabilities
- New employer rate: 1.13%
- 2023 Wage Base: $40,800
North Dakota Unemployment Tax Due Dates
- Return and payment are due quarterly on the last day of the month following the end of the reporting period
North Dakota New Hire Reporting
- Employers are required to report new hires and rehires within 20 days
- Employers can report new hires online on the North Dakota New Hire Reporting website
- Child Support
PO Box 7369
Bismark, ND 58507-7369
- Phone: (800) 231-4255
- Fax: (701) 328-5497
- Email: [email protected]
North Dakota Child Support
- Employers can submit North Dakota child support payments online using the ND Online website
- State Disbursement Unit
PO Box 7280
Bismarck, ND 58507-7280
- Phone: (701) 328-5440
- Email: [email protected]
Additional North Dakota Payroll Resources
What Our Satisfied Clients are Saying
Valor Payroll Solutions has, quite literally, changed my life. I’m the CEO of a small, but fast growing, company, and I had previously been taking care of our multi-state payroll myself. It was overwhelming and I did not have the necessary expertise. Christina from Valor stepped in and took our payroll over completely, including all of the multi-state tax filings and other reporting. She also fixed all of the mistakes I didn’t even know I had made. She is kind, gracious, knowledgeable, attentive, and communicative. She has improved my company and has allowed us to continue growing. I would recommend Valor to any company with payroll needs. You will kick yourself for not doing it sooner.
Christina with Valor Payroll Solutions has been nothing short of amazing for our small business. She is kind, she is patient, she is prompt, and she has helped us learn so much that our previous payroll company was letting slide through the cracks. We are so grateful to have found her.
Christina was extremely helpfully and very patient. Christina delivered good work on this project. I enjoyed working with her, Her communication was top-notch, she met all deadlines, and her skills were reasonably strong. She helped me find additional information. I enjoyed working with Christina and will definitely be working with her in the future. Thank you Christina.
If I could give a 10 star I WOULD!! Usually I don’t take time to actually write reviews unless the experience was top notch. Christina is by far the MOST patience and professional individual, I’ve had the pleasure of working with. She answered all of my seriously silly questions without belittling me. She responds very fast, with great detail and clarity. I’ll def be using her again. Thank me later!
Christina was very knowledgeable in all the HR and hiring rules. She really helped me set up the hiring system for my startup. She called CA FTB to confirm the details and went over and above to do her job perfectly. It was awesome working with her and I am glad I hired her.
Christina is a great professional, works fast, pays attention to details, and is very thorough. Hope to work with her on more extensive tasks!
Christina did an excellent job on my project. Fast, professional and her work was superb!
Christina Hageny did some early work for our company and we were so impressed with her level of knowledge, expertise and commitment to the project that we signed her on to manage our company’s payroll full time. We deal in all 50 states and have employees spread out all over the country. As you can imagine, we brought a pretty complex set-up to the relationship, but Christina tackled it without any issue and got us back into compliance while ensuring that our team got compensated correctly and on time along the way. We do and will continue to recommend Christina Hageny and Valor Payroll Solutions to our friends and colleagues. Capable, trustworthy and unparalleled customer service!