Valor Payroll Solutions
North Carolina Payroll Information
Enterprise payroll expertise, exclusively for small businesses.
Paying Employees in North Carolina
North Carolina 2024 Minimum Wage:
- $7.25 per hour
- $2.13 per hour for tipped employees
North Carolina Overtime Rules:
- 1.5 x’s the regular rate of pay for all hours worked in excess of 40 in a workweek
North Carolina Paystub Requirements:
- An employer must furnish each employee with an itemized statement of deductions made from that employee’s wages for each pay period such deductions are made.
How often do you have to pay employees in North Carolina?
- Employees must be paid on regularly scheduled paydays daily, weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly or monthly.
When is an employee’s final check due in North Carolina?
- Voluntary resignation – wages are due by the next regular payday. Commissions and bonuses are due on the first regular payday after the amount is calculated.
- Involuntary termination – wages are due by the next regular payday. Commissions and bonuses are due on the first regular payday after the amount is calculated.
North Carolina Withholding Tax Registration
- Employers can use the Online Business Registration on the NC DOR website to register online.
Wages Subject to North Carolina Withholding
- All wages earned by North Carolina residents are subject to North Carolina withholding tax unless the work is performed out of state and withholding is taken for the work state.
- All wages earned by nonresidents in North Carolina are subject to North Carolina withholding tax.
North Carolina Employee’s Withholding Exemption Certificate
North Carolina Withholding Tax Due Dates
- Due quarterly on the last day of the month following quarter-end if average withholding is less than $250
- Due monthly on the 15th day of the following month if average withholding is $250-$1999
- Due semiweekly (same as federal deposit schedule) if average withholding is $2,000 or more per month
North Carolina Unemployment Tax Registration
- Employers can register online on the North Carolina Department of Commerce website.
North Carolina Unemployment Tax Employer Liabilities
- New employer rate: 1.0%
- 2024 Wage Base: $29,600
North Carolina Unemployment Tax Due Dates
- Return and payment are due quarterly on the last day of the month following the end of the reporting period
North Carolina New Hire Reporting
- Employers can report new hires online on the North Carolina State Directory of New Hires website
- North Carolina New Hire Directory
PO Box 427
Norwell, MA 02061
- Phone: (888) 514-4568
- Fax: (866) 257-7005
North Carolina Child Support
- Employers can remit North Carolina child support payments online using the Payment Processing Center
- North Carolina Child Support Centralized Collections
PO Box 900012
Raleigh, NC 27675-9012
- Phone: (919) 855-4755
Additional North Carolina Business Resources
What Our Satisfied Clients are Saying
Valor Payroll Solutions has, quite literally, changed my life. I’m the CEO of a small, but fast growing, company, and I had previously been taking care of our multi-state payroll myself. It was overwhelming and I did not have the necessary expertise. Christina from Valor stepped in and took our payroll over completely, including all of the multi-state tax filings and other reporting. She also fixed all of the mistakes I didn’t even know I had made. She is kind, gracious, knowledgeable, attentive, and communicative. She has improved my company and has allowed us to continue growing. I would recommend Valor to any company with payroll needs. You will kick yourself for not doing it sooner.
Christina with Valor Payroll Solutions has been nothing short of amazing for our small business. She is kind, she is patient, she is prompt, and she has helped us learn so much that our previous payroll company was letting slide through the cracks. We are so grateful to have found her.
Christina was extremely helpfully and very patient. Christina delivered good work on this project. I enjoyed working with her, Her communication was top-notch, she met all deadlines, and her skills were reasonably strong. She helped me find additional information. I enjoyed working with Christina and will definitely be working with her in the future. Thank you Christina.
If I could give a 10 star I WOULD!! Usually I don’t take time to actually write reviews unless the experience was top notch. Christina is by far the MOST patience and professional individual, I’ve had the pleasure of working with. She answered all of my seriously silly questions without belittling me. She responds very fast, with great detail and clarity. I’ll def be using her again. Thank me later!
Christina was very knowledgeable in all the HR and hiring rules. She really helped me set up the hiring system for my startup. She called CA FTB to confirm the details and went over and above to do her job perfectly. It was awesome working with her and I am glad I hired her.
Christina is a great professional, works fast, pays attention to details, and is very thorough. Hope to work with her on more extensive tasks!
Christina did an excellent job on my project. Fast, professional and her work was superb!
Christina Hageny did some early work for our company and we were so impressed with her level of knowledge, expertise and commitment to the project that we signed her on to manage our company’s payroll full time. We deal in all 50 states and have employees spread out all over the country. As you can imagine, we brought a pretty complex set-up to the relationship, but Christina tackled it without any issue and got us back into compliance while ensuring that our team got compensated correctly and on time along the way. We do and will continue to recommend Christina Hageny and Valor Payroll Solutions to our friends and colleagues. Capable, trustworthy and unparalleled customer service!