Valor Payroll Solutions
New Jersey Payroll Information
Enterprise payroll expertise, exclusively for small businesses.
Paying Employees in New Jersey
- $14.13 per hour
- $12.93 per hour (small and seasonal employers and farm laborers)
- $5.26 per hour for tipped employees
New Jersey Overtime Rules:
- 1.5 x’s the regular rate of pay for all hours worked in excess of 40 in a workweek
New Jersey Paystub Requirements:
- No pay stub requirement
How often do you have to pay employees in New Jersey?
- Employees must be paid at least twice per month.
- If a payday falls on a non-work day, payment must be made on the preceding day.
When is an employee’s final check due in New Jersey?
- Voluntary resignation – wages are due by the next regular payday
- Involuntary termination – wages are due by the next regular payday
New Jersey Withholding Tax Registration
- Employers can register online with the New Jersey Division of Revenue.
Wages Subject to New Jersey Withholding
- All income earned by New Jersey residents is subject to New Jersey withholding tax unless the state where the work is performed equals or exceeds NJ withholding.
- All income earned by non-residents in New Jersey is subject to New Jersey withholding unless they live in PA.
New Jersey Employee’s Withholding Exemption Certificate
New Jersey Withholding Tax Due Dates
- Due weekly on following Wednesday if prior year liability was $10,000 or more
- Due monthly on the 15th of the month following the reporting period if the amount due for either month is $500 or more
- Due quarterly on the 30th day of the month following the quarter end if tax for either of the first two months is less than $500
- Due annually by Jan 31 if a household employer
New Jersey Unemployment Tax Registration
- Employers can register online with the State of New Jersey Division of Revenue and Enterprise Services.
New Jersey Unemployment Tax Employer Liabilities
- New employer rate: 2.9825%
- 2023 Wage Base: $41,100
New Jersey Unemployment Tax Due Dates
- Return and payment are due quarterly on the last day of the month following the end of the reporting period
New Jersey New Hire Reporting
- Employers are required to report new hires within 20 days of hire or rehire
- Employers can report new hires online at https://nj-newhire.com
- New Jersey New Hire Directory
PO Box 4654
Trenton, NJ 08650-4654
- Fax: (800) 304-4901
New Jersey Child Support
- Employers can remit New Jersey child support payments online at www.expertpay.com
- NJ Family Support Payment Center
PO Box 4880
Trenton, NJ 08650
- Phone: (877) 655-4371
Additional New Jersey Business Resources
What Our Satisfied Clients are Saying
Valor Payroll Solutions has, quite literally, changed my life. I’m the CEO of a small, but fast growing, company, and I had previously been taking care of our multi-state payroll myself. It was overwhelming and I did not have the necessary expertise. Christina from Valor stepped in and took our payroll over completely, including all of the multi-state tax filings and other reporting. She also fixed all of the mistakes I didn’t even know I had made. She is kind, gracious, knowledgeable, attentive, and communicative. She has improved my company and has allowed us to continue growing. I would recommend Valor to any company with payroll needs. You will kick yourself for not doing it sooner.
Christina with Valor Payroll Solutions has been nothing short of amazing for our small business. She is kind, she is patient, she is prompt, and she has helped us learn so much that our previous payroll company was letting slide through the cracks. We are so grateful to have found her.
Christina was extremely helpfully and very patient. Christina delivered good work on this project. I enjoyed working with her, Her communication was top-notch, she met all deadlines, and her skills were reasonably strong. She helped me find additional information. I enjoyed working with Christina and will definitely be working with her in the future. Thank you Christina.
If I could give a 10 star I WOULD!! Usually I don’t take time to actually write reviews unless the experience was top notch. Christina is by far the MOST patience and professional individual, I’ve had the pleasure of working with. She answered all of my seriously silly questions without belittling me. She responds very fast, with great detail and clarity. I’ll def be using her again. Thank me later!
Christina was very knowledgeable in all the HR and hiring rules. She really helped me set up the hiring system for my startup. She called CA FTB to confirm the details and went over and above to do her job perfectly. It was awesome working with her and I am glad I hired her.
Christina is a great professional, works fast, pays attention to details, and is very thorough. Hope to work with her on more extensive tasks!
Christina did an excellent job on my project. Fast, professional and her work was superb!
Christina Hageny did some early work for our company and we were so impressed with her level of knowledge, expertise and commitment to the project that we signed her on to manage our company’s payroll full time. We deal in all 50 states and have employees spread out all over the country. As you can imagine, we brought a pretty complex set-up to the relationship, but Christina tackled it without any issue and got us back into compliance while ensuring that our team got compensated correctly and on time along the way. We do and will continue to recommend Christina Hageny and Valor Payroll Solutions to our friends and colleagues. Capable, trustworthy and unparalleled customer service!