Paying Employees in New Hampshire
New Hampshire 2021 Minimum Wage: $7.25 per hour, $3.26 per hour for tipped employees
New Hampshire Overtime Rules: 1.5 x’s the regular rate of pay for all hours worked in excess of 40 in a workweek
New Hampshire Paystub Requirements:
- An employer must provide an employee, at least once per month, an itemized accounting of deductions made from their wages.
How often do you have to pay employees in New Hampshire?
- Employees must be paid weekly within eight days of the pay period end date.
- Employers can apply for a request to pay on a different frequency, which must be approved before implemented.
When is an employee’s final check due in New Hampshire?
- Voluntary resignation – wages are due by the next regular payday or within 72 hours if the employee gave one pay period’s notice
- Involuntary termination – wages are due within 72 hours
New Hampshire Withholding Tax
- N/A – no state income tax
New Hampshire Unemployment Tax
New Hampshire Unemployment Tax Registration
- Employers can complete the Unemployment Insurance New Employer Registration online at https://www2.nhes.nh.gov/empstatus/
New Hampshire Unemployment Tax Employer Liabilities
- New employer rate: 2.7%
- 2021 Wage Base: $14,000
New Hampshire Unemployment Tax Due Dates
- Return and payment are due quarterly on the last day of the month following the end of the reporting period
New Hampshire New Hire Reporting
- Employers can use the NHES Web Tax & New Hire Reporting System to report new hires online
- Employers are required to report rehires and new hires within 20 days.
- New Hampshire Employment Security
P.O. Box 2092
Concord, NH 03302-2092,
Attn: New Hire Program
- Fax: (855) 253-9072
- Phone: (603) 229-4371
New Hampshire Child Support
- Employers can remit New Hampshire child support payments online at www.expertpay.com
- EMPLOYER Income Assignments
Child Support Regional Processing Center
PO Box 9501
Manchester, NH 03108-9501
- Phone: (603) 271-4427
- Email: BCSS-CIU@dhhs.nh.gov