Valor Payroll Solutions
Nevada Payroll Information
Enterprise payroll expertise, exclusively for small businesses.
Paying Employees in Nevada
Nevada 2022 Minimum Wage:
- (eff 7/1/2021): $8.75 per hour if health benefits offered, $9.75 per hour if not
Nevada Overtime Rules:
- If the employee makes less than 1.5 x’s the state minimum wage, overtime is paid at 1.5 x’s the regular rate of pay for hours worked in excess of 8 in a 24 hour period.
- If the employee makes more than 1.5 x’s the state minimum wage, overtime is paid at 1.5 x’s the regular rate of pay for all hours worked in excess of 40 in a workweek.
Nevada Paystub Requirements:
- At the time of payment of wages, an employer must furnish employees with an itemized list showing the deductions made from wages.
How often do you have to pay employees in Nevada?
- Except as otherwise exempted, wages must be paid semi monthly.
When is an employee’s final check due in Nevada?
- Voluntary resignation – wages are due within seven days or the next regular payday, whichever is sooner.
- Involuntary termination – wages are due within three days.
Nevada Withholding Tax
- N/A – no state income tax
Nevada Unemployment Tax
Nevada Unemployment Tax Registration
- Use the Nevada Unemployment Insurance website to register online
Nevada Unemployment Tax Employer Liabilities
- New employer rate: 2.95%
- 2022 Wage Base: $36,600
Nevada Unemployment Tax Due Dates
- Return and payment are due quarterly on the last day of the month following the end of the reporting period
Nevada New Hire Reporting
- Employers can report new hires online using the File Transfer Protocol
- Department of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation
Employment Security Division – New Hire Unit
500 East Third Street
Carson City, NV 89713-0033
- Fax: (775) 684-6379
- Phone: (800) 258-2736
Nevada Child Support
- Employers can remit child support payments online using the Nevada Child Support Employer Services Center website
PO Box 98950
Las Vegas, NV 89193-8950
- Phone: (888) 729-4408
- Fax: (775) 684-0702
- Nevada Department of Taxation
- Nevada Unemployment Insurance Information
- Nevada Child Support Information for Employers