Paying Employees in Nebraska
Nebraska 2021 Minimum Wage: $9.00 per hour, $2.13 per hour for tipped employees
Nebraska Overtime Rules: 1.5 x’s the regular rate of pay for all hours worked in excess of 40 in a workweek
Nebraska Paystub Requirements:
How often do you have to pay employees in Nebraska?
- Employees must be paid on regular days designated by the employer.
When is an employee’s final check due in Nebraska?
- Voluntary resignation – wages are due on the next scheduled payday or within two weeks, whichever comes first.
- Involuntary termination – wages are due on the next scheduled payday or within two weeks, whichever comes first.
Nebraska Withholding Tax
Nebraska Withholding Tax Registration
Wages Subject to Nebraska Withholding
- All wages earned within the state of Nebraska are subject to Nebraska withholding tax
- All wages earned by Nebraska residents are subject to Nebraska withholding tax
Nebraska Employee’s Withholding Exemption Certificate
Nebraska Withholding Tax Due Dates
- Due monthly on 15th of the following month if more than $500 withheld in the first or second month of the quarter, otherwise due quarterly on the last day of the month following quarter-end
Nebraska Unemployment Tax
Nebraska Unemployment Tax Registration
Nebraska Unemployment Tax Employer Liabilities
- New employer rate: 1.25%
- 2021 Wage Base: $9,000
Nebraska Unemployment Tax Due Dates
- Return and payment are due quarterly on the last day of the month following the end of the reporting period
Nebraska New Hire Reporting
- Employers are required to report new hires and rehires within 20 days
- Employers can report new hires online using the Nebraska State Directory of New Hires website
- Nebraska State Directory of New Hires
P.O. Box 144013
Austin, TX 78714-4013
- Phone: (888) 256-0293
- Fax: (866) 808-2007
Nebraska Child Support