Valor Payroll Solutions
Mississippi Payroll Information
Enterprise payroll expertise, exclusively for small businesses.
Paying Employees in Mississippi
Mississippi 2023 Minimum Wage:
- $7.25 per hour
Mississippi Overtime Rules:
- 1.5 x’s the regular rate for non-exempt employees for all hours worked over 40 in a workweek
Mississippi Paystub Requirements:
- No pay stub requirement
How often do you have to pay employees in Mississippi?
- Employers engaged in manufacturing who employ 50 or more employees must pay employees at least once every two weeks or twice each month.
When is an employee’s final check due in Mississippi?
- No state requirement for voluntary resignation or involuntary termination
Mississippi Withholding Tax Registration
- Register online on Mississippi’s Taxpayer Access Point
Wages subject to Mississippi income tax
- All wages earned within Mississippi are subject to Mississippi income tax (both resident and non-resident)
- Wages earned by Mississippi residents in another state are subject to Mississippi income tax if those wages are not subject to another state’s income tax
Mississippi Employee’s Withholding Exemption Certificate
- Form 89350
Mississippi Withholding Tax Due Dates (will be assigned by the state)
- Due monthly on 20th day of the following month
- Due quarterly by 20th day of the month following quarter-end
- Due annually on Feb 28th, or due on the same day as federal payments depending on a frequency assigned by state (unable to find frequency table by amount)
Mississippi Unemployment Tax Registration
- Register online on the Mississippi Department of Employment Security website
Mississippi Unemployment Tax Employer Liabilities
- New employer rate: 1.0%
- 2023 Wage Base: $14,000
Mississippi Unemployment Tax Due Dates
- Return and payment are due quarterly on the last day of the month following the end of the reporting period
Mississippi New Hire Reporting
- Mississippi State Directory of New Hires
PO Box 90008
Raleigh, NC 27675-9008
- Phone: 800-241-1330
- Fax: 800-937-8668
- Report Mississippi new hires online using the Mississippi State Directory of New Hire’s website
Mississippi Child Support
PO Box 4301
Jackson, MS 39296
- Phone: 601-359-9906
- Remit payments online using the Mississippi Department of Human Service’s website
Additional Mississippi Business Resources
What Our Satisfied Clients are Saying
Valor Payroll Solutions has, quite literally, changed my life. I’m the CEO of a small, but fast growing, company, and I had previously been taking care of our multi-state payroll myself. It was overwhelming and I did not have the necessary expertise. Christina from Valor stepped in and took our payroll over completely, including all of the multi-state tax filings and other reporting. She also fixed all of the mistakes I didn’t even know I had made. She is kind, gracious, knowledgeable, attentive, and communicative. She has improved my company and has allowed us to continue growing. I would recommend Valor to any company with payroll needs. You will kick yourself for not doing it sooner.
Christina with Valor Payroll Solutions has been nothing short of amazing for our small business. She is kind, she is patient, she is prompt, and she has helped us learn so much that our previous payroll company was letting slide through the cracks. We are so grateful to have found her.
Christina was extremely helpfully and very patient. Christina delivered good work on this project. I enjoyed working with her, Her communication was top-notch, she met all deadlines, and her skills were reasonably strong. She helped me find additional information. I enjoyed working with Christina and will definitely be working with her in the future. Thank you Christina.
If I could give a 10 star I WOULD!! Usually I don’t take time to actually write reviews unless the experience was top notch. Christina is by far the MOST patience and professional individual, I’ve had the pleasure of working with. She answered all of my seriously silly questions without belittling me. She responds very fast, with great detail and clarity. I’ll def be using her again. Thank me later!
Christina was very knowledgeable in all the HR and hiring rules. She really helped me set up the hiring system for my startup. She called CA FTB to confirm the details and went over and above to do her job perfectly. It was awesome working with her and I am glad I hired her.
Christina is a great professional, works fast, pays attention to details, and is very thorough. Hope to work with her on more extensive tasks!
Christina did an excellent job on my project. Fast, professional and her work was superb!
Christina Hageny did some early work for our company and we were so impressed with her level of knowledge, expertise and commitment to the project that we signed her on to manage our company’s payroll full time. We deal in all 50 states and have employees spread out all over the country. As you can imagine, we brought a pretty complex set-up to the relationship, but Christina tackled it without any issue and got us back into compliance while ensuring that our team got compensated correctly and on time along the way. We do and will continue to recommend Christina Hageny and Valor Payroll Solutions to our friends and colleagues. Capable, trustworthy and unparalleled customer service!