Valor Payroll Solutions
Massachusetts Payroll Information
Enterprise payroll expertise, exclusively for small businesses.
Paying Employees in Massachusetts
Massachusetts 2023 Minimum Wage:
- $15.00 per hour
- $6.75 per hour for tipped employees
Massachusetts Overtime Rules:
- 1.5 x’s the regular rate of pay for all hours worked in excess of 40 in a workweek
Massachusetts Paystub Requirements:
- An employer must provide to an employee at the time of payment a record of all deductions taken from wages.
How often do you have to pay employees in Massachusetts?
- Nonexempt employees must be paid at least weekly or bi-weekly.
- Both exempt and non-exempt employees must be paid within six days of the pay period end date.
When is an employee’s final check due in Massachusetts?
- Voluntary resignation – wages are due on the next payday or the Saturday following resignation, whichever is sooner
- Involuntary termination – wages are due immediately
Massachusetts Withholding Tax Registration
- Use the MassTaxConnect website to register online
Wages Subject to Massachusetts Withholding
- Wages earned by Massachusetts residents within the state and outside the state
- Wages earned by non-residents in the state of Massachusetts
Massachusetts Employee’s Withholding Exemption Certificate
Massachusetts Withholding Tax Due Dates
- Due annually by Jan 31 if annual withholding is $100 or less
- Due quarterly on last day of the month following quarter-end if withholding is $101-$1200,
- Due monthly by 15th of the following month if withholding is $1201-$25000
- Due by 7th, 15th, 22nd, and last day of the month when income tax accumulates over $500 if annual withholding is more than $25,000
Massachusetts Unemployment Tax Registration
- Use the Massachusetts Department of Unemployment Assistance website to register online
Massachusetts Unemployment Tax Employer Liabilities
- New employer rate: 1.45%
- 2023 Wage Base: $15,000
Massachusetts Unemployment Tax Due Dates
- Return and payment are due quarterly on the last day of the month following the end of the reporting period
Massachusetts New Hire Reporting
- Report new hires online via MassTaxConnect
- Massachusetts Department of Revenue
P.O. Box 55141
Boston, MA 02205-5141
- Phone: (800) 332-2733
- Fax: (617) 376-3262
Massachusetts Child Support
- Pay online using the Massachusetts Child Support Internet Payment website
- Phone: (800) 332-2733
Additional Massachusetts Business Resources
What Our Satisfied Clients are Saying
Valor Payroll Solutions has, quite literally, changed my life. I’m the CEO of a small, but fast growing, company, and I had previously been taking care of our multi-state payroll myself. It was overwhelming and I did not have the necessary expertise. Christina from Valor stepped in and took our payroll over completely, including all of the multi-state tax filings and other reporting. She also fixed all of the mistakes I didn’t even know I had made. She is kind, gracious, knowledgeable, attentive, and communicative. She has improved my company and has allowed us to continue growing. I would recommend Valor to any company with payroll needs. You will kick yourself for not doing it sooner.
Christina with Valor Payroll Solutions has been nothing short of amazing for our small business. She is kind, she is patient, she is prompt, and she has helped us learn so much that our previous payroll company was letting slide through the cracks. We are so grateful to have found her.
Christina was extremely helpfully and very patient. Christina delivered good work on this project. I enjoyed working with her, Her communication was top-notch, she met all deadlines, and her skills were reasonably strong. She helped me find additional information. I enjoyed working with Christina and will definitely be working with her in the future. Thank you Christina.
If I could give a 10 star I WOULD!! Usually I don’t take time to actually write reviews unless the experience was top notch. Christina is by far the MOST patience and professional individual, I’ve had the pleasure of working with. She answered all of my seriously silly questions without belittling me. She responds very fast, with great detail and clarity. I’ll def be using her again. Thank me later!
Christina was very knowledgeable in all the HR and hiring rules. She really helped me set up the hiring system for my startup. She called CA FTB to confirm the details and went over and above to do her job perfectly. It was awesome working with her and I am glad I hired her.
Christina is a great professional, works fast, pays attention to details, and is very thorough. Hope to work with her on more extensive tasks!
Christina did an excellent job on my project. Fast, professional and her work was superb!
Christina Hageny did some early work for our company and we were so impressed with her level of knowledge, expertise and commitment to the project that we signed her on to manage our company’s payroll full time. We deal in all 50 states and have employees spread out all over the country. As you can imagine, we brought a pretty complex set-up to the relationship, but Christina tackled it without any issue and got us back into compliance while ensuring that our team got compensated correctly and on time along the way. We do and will continue to recommend Christina Hageny and Valor Payroll Solutions to our friends and colleagues. Capable, trustworthy and unparalleled customer service!