Valor Payroll Solutions
Kansas Payroll Information
Enterprise payroll expertise, exclusively for small businesses.
Paying Employees in Kansas
Kansas 2023 Minimum Wage:
Kansas Overtime Rules:
- 1.5x’s the regular rate (for non-exempt employees) for hours worked over 40 in a workweek
Kansas Paystub Requirements:
- Your employer is not required to put anything on your pay stub. However, if you request it, your employer must provide you with an itemized statement of deductions for each pay period.
How often do you have to pay employees in Kansas?
- Employees must be paid at least once a month no more than fifteen days after the pay period end date.
When is an employee’s final check due in Kansas?
- Voluntary resignation – next regular payday
- Involuntary termination – next regular payday
Kansas Withholding Tax Registration
- Register online
Wages subject to Kansas Withholding Tax
- Wages earned in Kansas and wages earned by Kansas residents are subject to Kansas income tax
Kansas Employee withholding allowance certificate
Kansas Withholding Tax Due Dates
- Due annually on Jan 25 if the annual amount withheld is $0 – $200
- Due quarterly on the 25th of the month following quarter-end if the amount withheld is $200.01 – $1200
- Due monthly on the 15th day of the month following reporting period if the amount withheld is $1200.01-$8000
- Due semi-monthly on the 35th of the month for 1-15 and on the 10th of the following month for 16 – EOM if the amount withheld is $8000.01-$100,000.00
- Due quad-monthly if the amount withheld is more than $100000.00.
Kansas Unemployment Tax Registration
- Register online
Kansas Unemployment Tax Employer Liabilities
- New employer rate: 2.7%
- 2023 Wage Base: $14,000
Kansas Unemployment Tax Due Dates
- Return and payment are due quarterly on the last day of the month following the end of the reporting period
Kansas New Hire Reporting
- Kansas New Hire Directory
PO Box 3510
Topeka, KS 66601
- Phone: 888-219-7801
- Fax: 888-219-7798
- Report new hires online
Kansas Child Support
- Kansas Payment Center
PO Box 758599
Topeka, KS 66675
- Phone: 785-296-3271
- Pay online
Additional Kansas Business Resources
What Our Satisfied Clients are Saying
Valor Payroll Solutions has, quite literally, changed my life. I’m the CEO of a small, but fast growing, company, and I had previously been taking care of our multi-state payroll myself. It was overwhelming and I did not have the necessary expertise. Christina from Valor stepped in and took our payroll over completely, including all of the multi-state tax filings and other reporting. She also fixed all of the mistakes I didn’t even know I had made. She is kind, gracious, knowledgeable, attentive, and communicative. She has improved my company and has allowed us to continue growing. I would recommend Valor to any company with payroll needs. You will kick yourself for not doing it sooner.
Christina with Valor Payroll Solutions has been nothing short of amazing for our small business. She is kind, she is patient, she is prompt, and she has helped us learn so much that our previous payroll company was letting slide through the cracks. We are so grateful to have found her.
Christina was extremely helpfully and very patient. Christina delivered good work on this project. I enjoyed working with her, Her communication was top-notch, she met all deadlines, and her skills were reasonably strong. She helped me find additional information. I enjoyed working with Christina and will definitely be working with her in the future. Thank you Christina.
If I could give a 10 star I WOULD!! Usually I don’t take time to actually write reviews unless the experience was top notch. Christina is by far the MOST patience and professional individual, I’ve had the pleasure of working with. She answered all of my seriously silly questions without belittling me. She responds very fast, with great detail and clarity. I’ll def be using her again. Thank me later!
Christina was very knowledgeable in all the HR and hiring rules. She really helped me set up the hiring system for my startup. She called CA FTB to confirm the details and went over and above to do her job perfectly. It was awesome working with her and I am glad I hired her.
Christina is a great professional, works fast, pays attention to details, and is very thorough. Hope to work with her on more extensive tasks!
Christina did an excellent job on my project. Fast, professional and her work was superb!
Christina Hageny did some early work for our company and we were so impressed with her level of knowledge, expertise and commitment to the project that we signed her on to manage our company’s payroll full time. We deal in all 50 states and have employees spread out all over the country. As you can imagine, we brought a pretty complex set-up to the relationship, but Christina tackled it without any issue and got us back into compliance while ensuring that our team got compensated correctly and on time along the way. We do and will continue to recommend Christina Hageny and Valor Payroll Solutions to our friends and colleagues. Capable, trustworthy and unparalleled customer service!