Valor Payroll Solutions
Kansas Payroll Information
Enterprise payroll expertise, exclusively for small businesses.
Paying Employees in Kansas
Kansas 2022 Minimum Wage:
Kansas Overtime Rules: 1.5x’s the regular rate (for non-exempt employees) for hours worked over 40 in a workweek
- Your employer is not required to put anything on your pay stub. However, if you request it, your employer must provide you with an itemized statement of deductions for each pay period.
How often do you have to pay employees in Kansas?
- Employees must be paid at least once a month no more than fifteen days after the pay period end date.
When is an employee’s final check due in Kansas?
- Voluntary resignation – next regular payday
- Involuntary termination – next regular payday
Kansas Withholding Tax Registration
- Register online
Wages subject to Kansas Withholding Tax
- Wages earned in Kansas and wages earned by Kansas residents are subject to Kansas income tax
Kansas Employee withholding allowance certificate
Kansas Withholding Tax Due Dates
- Due annually on Jan 25 if the annual amount withheld is $0 – $200
- Due quarterly on the 25th of the month following quarter-end if the amount withheld is $200.01 – $1200
- Due monthly on the 15th day of the month following reporting period if the amount withheld is $1200.01-$8000
- Due semi-monthly on the 35th of the month for 1-15 and on the 10th of the following month for 16 – EOM if the amount withheld is $8000.01-$100,000.00
- Due quad-monthly if the amount withheld is more than $100000.00.
Kansas Unemployment Tax
Kansas Unemployment Tax Registration
- Register online
Kansas Unemployment Tax Employer Liabilities
- New employer rate: 2.7%
- 2022 Wage Base: $14,000
Kansas Unemployment Tax Due Dates
- Return and payment are due quarterly on the last day of the month following the end of the reporting period
Kansas New Hire Reporting
- Kansas New Hire Directory
PO Box 3510
Topeka, KS 66601
- Phone: 888-219-7801
- Fax: 888-219-7798
- Report new hires online
Kansas Child Support
- Kansas Payment Center
PO Box 758599
Topeka, KS 66675
- Phone: 785-296-3271
- Pay online
- Kansas Department of Labor
- Kansas Department of Labor – New Hire Directory
- Kansas Department of Revenue
- Kansas Department for Children and Families