Paying Employees in Indiana
Indiana 2021 Minimum Wage: $7.25 per hour
Indiana Overtime Rules: 1.5 x’s the regular rate for all hours worked in excess of 40 in a workweek
Indiana Paystub Requirements:
- The hours worked by the employee.
- The wages paid to the employee.
- A listing of the deductions made.
How often do you have to pay employees in Indiana?
- Employees must be paid at least twice per month no later than 10 business days after the pay period end date.
When is an employee’s final check due in Indiana?
- Voluntary resignation – wages are due on the next scheduled payday.
- Involuntary termination – wages are due on the next scheduled payday.
Indiana Withholding Tax
Indiana Withholding Tax Registration
Wages Subject to Indiana Withholding
- All wages earned in Indiana are subject to Indiana withholding tax, except if the income is earned by a resident of a state with reciprocal agreement
- All wages earned by Indiana residents are subject to Indiana withholding tax
Indiana Employee’s Withholding Exemption Certificate
- Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin
Indiana Withholding Tax Due Dates
- Due annually by Jan 30 if average monthly tax withheld is $83.33 or less
- Due monthly 30 days after the end of the month if average tax withheld is $1,000 or less
- Due monthly 20 days after the end of the month if tax withheld is more than $1,000
Indiana Unemployment Tax
Indiana Unemployment Tax Registration
- Use the INBiz website to register online
Indiana Unemployment Tax Employer Liabilities
- New employer rate: 2.5%
- 2021 Wage Base: $9,500
Indiana Unemployment Tax Due Dates
- Return and payment are due quarterly on the last day of the month following the end of the reporting period
Indiana New Hire Reporting
- Use the IN-NewHire.com website to submit new hires online
- Indiana New Hire Reporting Center
PO Box 3429
Trenton, NJ, 08619
- Phone: (866) 879-0198
- Fax: (800) 408-1388
Indiana Child Support