Paying Employees in Idaho
Idaho 2021 Minimum Wage:
- $7.25 an hour.
- The minimum wage for a tipped employee is $3.35 per hour.
- A training minimum wage of $4.25 per hour can be paid to employees under 20 years old for the first 90 calendar days of employment.
Idaho Overtime Rules: Follows federal FLSA – 1.5 x’s the regular rate of pay for all hours worked over 40 in a workweek
Idaho Paystub Requirements:
- An employer shall furnish each employee with a statement of deductions made from the employee’s wages for each pay period such deductions are made.
How often do you have to pay employees in Idaho?
When is an employee’s final check due in Idaho?
- Voluntary resignation – wages are due on the next regularly scheduled payday or within 10 days of the separation, whichever is sooner (weekends and holidays excluded). If employee requests, payment must be made within 48 hours.
- Involuntary termination – wages are due on the next regularly scheduled payday or within 10 days of the separation, whichever is sooner (weekends and holidays excluded). If employee requests, payment must be made within 48 hours.
Idaho Withholding Tax
Idaho Withholding Tax Registration
Wages Subject to Idaho Withholding
- Wages earned within the state of Idaho are subject to Idaho withholding
Idaho Employee’s Withholding Exemption Certificate
Idaho Withholding Tax Due Dates
- Monthly due on 20th of the following month if withhold $750.01 – $25,000 per month or if you have only one monthly pay period
- Semimonthly due on the 20th for 1-15 and on the 5th of the following month for 16 – EOM if you withhold $300,000+ in a year or $25,000 per month
- Quarterly due the last day of the month following quarter-end if you withhold $750 or less each quarter
- Annual due the last day of January if you withhold less than $750 annually
Idaho Unemployment Tax
Idaho Unemployment Tax Registration
Register online with the Idaho Department of Labor
Idaho Unemployment Tax Employer Liabilities
- New employer rate: .97%
- 2021 Wage Base: $43,000
Idaho Unemployment Tax Due Dates
- Return and payment are due quarterly on the last day of the month following the end of the reporting period
Idaho New Hire Reporting
- Report online using the Idaho New Hire Directory
- Idaho Department of Labor
New Hire Reporting
317 W Main St
Boise ID 83735
- Fax: (208) 332-7411
- Email: email@example.com
Idaho Child Support
- Remit payment online using the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare website
- Idaho Child Support Program
PTC Bldg 2nd floor
PO Box 83720
Boise, ID 83720
- Email: CSWebhelp@dhw.idaho.gov
- Fax: (208) 334 – 0666