Valor Payroll Solutions
Idaho Payroll Information
Enterprise payroll expertise, exclusively for small businesses.
Paying Employees in Idaho
Idaho 2023 Minimum Wage:
- $7.25 per hour
- Tipped employee – $3.35 per hour
- A training minimum wage of $4.25 per hour can be paid to employees under 20 years old for the first 90 calendar days of employment.
Idaho Overtime Rules:
- Follows federal FLSA – 1.5 x’s the regular rate of pay for all hours worked over 40 in a workweek
Idaho Paystub Requirements:
- An employer shall furnish each employee with a statement of deductions made from the employee’s wages for each pay period such deductions are made.
How often do you have to pay employees in Idaho?
When is an employee’s final check due in Idaho?
- Voluntary resignation – wages are due on the next regularly scheduled payday or within 10 days of the separation, whichever is sooner (weekends and holidays excluded). If employee requests, payment must be made within 48 hours.
- Involuntary termination – wages are due on the next regularly scheduled payday or within 10 days of the separation, whichever is sooner (weekends and holidays excluded). If employee requests, payment must be made within 48 hours.
Idaho Withholding Tax Registration
- Register online with the Idaho State Tax Commission
Wages Subject to Idaho Withholding
- Wages earned within the state of Idaho are subject to Idaho withholding
Idaho Employee’s Withholding Exemption Certificate
- Form ID W-4
Idaho Withholding Tax Due Dates
- Monthly due on 20th of the following month if withhold $750.01 – $25,000 per month or if you have only one monthly pay period
- Semimonthly due on the 20th for 1-15 and on the 5th of the following month for 16 – EOM if you withhold $300,000+ in a year or $25,000 per month
- Quarterly due the last day of the month following quarter-end if you withhold $750 or less each quarter
- Annual due the last day of January if you withhold less than $750 annually
Idaho Unemployment Tax Registration
- Register online with the Idaho Department of Labor
Idaho Unemployment Tax Employer Liabilities
- New employer rate: .97%
- 2023 Wage Base: $49,900
Idaho Unemployment Tax Due Dates
- Return and payment are due quarterly on the last day of the month following the end of the reporting period
Idaho New Hire Reporting
- Report online using the Idaho New Hire Directory
- Idaho Department of Labor
New Hire Reporting
317 W Main St
Boise ID 83735
- Fax: (208) 332-7411
- Email: email@example.com
Idaho Child Support
- Remit payment online using the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare website
- Idaho Child Support Program
PTC Bldg 2nd floor
PO Box 83720
Boise, ID 83720
- Email: CSWebhelp@dhw.idaho.gov
- Fax: (208) 334 – 0666
Additional Idaho Business Resources
What Our Satisfied Clients are Saying
Valor Payroll Solutions has, quite literally, changed my life. I’m the CEO of a small, but fast growing, company, and I had previously been taking care of our multi-state payroll myself. It was overwhelming and I did not have the necessary expertise. Christina from Valor stepped in and took our payroll over completely, including all of the multi-state tax filings and other reporting. She also fixed all of the mistakes I didn’t even know I had made. She is kind, gracious, knowledgeable, attentive, and communicative. She has improved my company and has allowed us to continue growing. I would recommend Valor to any company with payroll needs. You will kick yourself for not doing it sooner.
Christina with Valor Payroll Solutions has been nothing short of amazing for our small business. She is kind, she is patient, she is prompt, and she has helped us learn so much that our previous payroll company was letting slide through the cracks. We are so grateful to have found her.
Christina was extremely helpfully and very patient. Christina delivered good work on this project. I enjoyed working with her, Her communication was top-notch, she met all deadlines, and her skills were reasonably strong. She helped me find additional information. I enjoyed working with Christina and will definitely be working with her in the future. Thank you Christina.
If I could give a 10 star I WOULD!! Usually I don’t take time to actually write reviews unless the experience was top notch. Christina is by far the MOST patience and professional individual, I’ve had the pleasure of working with. She answered all of my seriously silly questions without belittling me. She responds very fast, with great detail and clarity. I’ll def be using her again. Thank me later!
Christina was very knowledgeable in all the HR and hiring rules. She really helped me set up the hiring system for my startup. She called CA FTB to confirm the details and went over and above to do her job perfectly. It was awesome working with her and I am glad I hired her.
Christina is a great professional, works fast, pays attention to details, and is very thorough. Hope to work with her on more extensive tasks!
Christina did an excellent job on my project. Fast, professional and her work was superb!
Christina Hageny did some early work for our company and we were so impressed with her level of knowledge, expertise and commitment to the project that we signed her on to manage our company’s payroll full time. We deal in all 50 states and have employees spread out all over the country. As you can imagine, we brought a pretty complex set-up to the relationship, but Christina tackled it without any issue and got us back into compliance while ensuring that our team got compensated correctly and on time along the way. We do and will continue to recommend Christina Hageny and Valor Payroll Solutions to our friends and colleagues. Capable, trustworthy and unparalleled customer service!