Valor Payroll Solutions
Hawaii Payroll Information
Enterprise payroll expertise, exclusively for small businesses.
Paying Employees in Hawaii
Hawaii 2023 Minimum Wage:
- $12.00 per hour
Hawaii Overtime Rules:
- 1.5 x’s the regular rate of pay for all hours worked over 40 in a workweek
Hawaii Paystub Requirements:
- Furnish each employee at every payday a legible printed, typewritten, or handwritten record showing
- Total gross compensation
- The amount and purpose of each deduction
- Total net compensation
- Date of payment
- Pay period covered
How often do you have to pay employees in Hawaii?
- Employees must be paid at least twice per month
When is an employee’s final check due in Hawaii?
- Voluntary resignation – wages must be paid by the next regular pay date. If an employee gives at least one pay period’s notice the payment is due at the time of quitting.
- Involuntary termination – wages must be paid at the time of discharge, or no later than the next working day.
Hawaii Withholding Tax Registration
- Register online with the Hawaii Department of Taxation.
Wages Subject to Hawaii Withholding
- Wages earned in Hawaii are subject to Hawaii withholding tax
- Wages earned outside of Hawaii are subject to Hawaii withholding tax if the employer paying the wages is headquartered in Hawaii, or if the employee’s regular place of employment is Hawaii
Hawaii Employee’s Withholding Exemption Certificate
- Form HW-4
Hawaii Withholding Tax Due Dates
- If liability is >$40,000 tax is due semi-weekly on Wed following payday Wed-Fri or Fri following payday Sat-Tues.
- If liability is $5,000 – $40,000 payment is due monthly on the 15th day of month following close of preceding month.
- If liability is less than $5,000 payment is due quarterly on the 15th day of the month following close of preceding quarter.
Hawaii Unemployment Tax Registration
- Register online with the Department of Labor & Industrial Relations (DLIR)
Hawaii Unemployment Tax Employer Liabilities
- New employer rate: 3.0%
- 2023 Wage Base: $56,700
Hawaii Unemployment Tax Due Dates
- Return and payment are due quarterly on the last day of the month following the end of the reporting period
Hawaii New Hire Reporting
- Child Support Enforcement Agency
New Hire Reporting
601 Kamokila Blvd., Suite 251
Kapolei, HI 96707
- Fax: (808) 692-7001
- Phone: (808) 692-7029
Hawaii Child Support
- Payments can be made online using the expertpay website
- 601 Kamokila Boulevard
Suite 207 Kapolei, Hawaii 96707-2021
- Phone: (888) 317-9081
- Fax: (808) 692-7134
Additional Hawaii Business Resources
What Our Satisfied Clients are Saying
Valor Payroll Solutions has, quite literally, changed my life. I’m the CEO of a small, but fast growing, company, and I had previously been taking care of our multi-state payroll myself. It was overwhelming and I did not have the necessary expertise. Christina from Valor stepped in and took our payroll over completely, including all of the multi-state tax filings and other reporting. She also fixed all of the mistakes I didn’t even know I had made. She is kind, gracious, knowledgeable, attentive, and communicative. She has improved my company and has allowed us to continue growing. I would recommend Valor to any company with payroll needs. You will kick yourself for not doing it sooner.
Christina with Valor Payroll Solutions has been nothing short of amazing for our small business. She is kind, she is patient, she is prompt, and she has helped us learn so much that our previous payroll company was letting slide through the cracks. We are so grateful to have found her.
Christina was extremely helpfully and very patient. Christina delivered good work on this project. I enjoyed working with her, Her communication was top-notch, she met all deadlines, and her skills were reasonably strong. She helped me find additional information. I enjoyed working with Christina and will definitely be working with her in the future. Thank you Christina.
If I could give a 10 star I WOULD!! Usually I don’t take time to actually write reviews unless the experience was top notch. Christina is by far the MOST patience and professional individual, I’ve had the pleasure of working with. She answered all of my seriously silly questions without belittling me. She responds very fast, with great detail and clarity. I’ll def be using her again. Thank me later!
Christina was very knowledgeable in all the HR and hiring rules. She really helped me set up the hiring system for my startup. She called CA FTB to confirm the details and went over and above to do her job perfectly. It was awesome working with her and I am glad I hired her.
Christina is a great professional, works fast, pays attention to details, and is very thorough. Hope to work with her on more extensive tasks!
Christina did an excellent job on my project. Fast, professional and her work was superb!
Christina Hageny did some early work for our company and we were so impressed with her level of knowledge, expertise and commitment to the project that we signed her on to manage our company’s payroll full time. We deal in all 50 states and have employees spread out all over the country. As you can imagine, we brought a pretty complex set-up to the relationship, but Christina tackled it without any issue and got us back into compliance while ensuring that our team got compensated correctly and on time along the way. We do and will continue to recommend Christina Hageny and Valor Payroll Solutions to our friends and colleagues. Capable, trustworthy and unparalleled customer service!