Valor Payroll Solutions
Colorado Payroll Information
Enterprise payroll expertise, exclusively for small businesses.
Paying Employees in Colorado
Colorado 2023 Minimum Wage:
- $10.62/hour for tipped employees
- * Minimum wage may vary by city
Colorado Overtime Rules:
- 1.5 x’s the regular rate for hours worked over 40 in a workweek, over 12 hours in a workday, or when twelve consecutive hours are worked (regardless of start/end of workday) – whichever is most favorable for the employee
Colorado Paystub Requirements:
Colorado law requires employers to furnish to the employee an itemized pay statement. The pay statement must be made available to the employee once a month or at the time of payment of wages or compensation. The pay statement must contain the following:
- Gross wages earned (It is the policy of the Division of Labor Standards and Statistics that gross wages refers to the gross wages for the specific pay statement, not gross wages for the year-to-date)
- All withholdings and deductions
- Net wages earned
- The inclusive dates of the pay period
- The name of the employee or the employee’s social security number
- The name and address of the employer
How often do you have to pay employees in Colorado?
- Employees must be paid at least once per month, or no more than 30 days apart. Payment must be made no later than 10 days after the pay period end date.
When is an employee’s final check due in Colorado?
- Involuntary terminations – final payment is due at the time of termination (unless termination occurs on a day when accounting is off or the accounting unit is located offsite)
- Voluntary resignations – payment is due on the next regular payday.
Colorado Withholding Tax Registration
- Register online
- Register using paper form CR 0100AP
Wages Subject to Colorado Withholding Tax
- Wages for worked performed within Colorado is subject to Colorado income tax
- Wages earned by Colorado residents is subject to Colorado income tax, unless income is being withheld for another state
Colorado Employee’s Withholding Exemption Certificate
- Use federal W-4 or (new for 2022) Form DR 0004
Colorado Withholding Tax Due Dates
- Due quarterly by the end of the month following quarter end if less than $7,000
- Due monthly by the 15th of the following month if the liability is $7,000 – $50,000
- Due weekly by the following Wednesday if the liability is more than $50,000
Colorado Unemployment Tax Registration
- Register online on mybiz.colorado
Colorado Unemployment Tax Employer Liabilities
- New employer rate: 1.7%
- 2023 Wage Base: $20,400
Colorado Unemployment Tax Due Dates
- Return and payment are due quarterly on the last day of the month following the end of the reporting period
Colorado New Hire Reporting
- Report new hires within 20 days of hire
- Colorado State Directory of New Hires
PO Box 2920
Denver, CO 80201-2920
- Fax: 303-297-2595
- Report Colorado new hires online
Colorado Child Support
- The Family Support Registry
PO Box 2171
Denver, Colorado 80201-2171
- Phone: 303-299-9123
- Email: [email protected]
- Remit payments online
Additional Colorado Business Resources
What Our Satisfied Clients are Saying
Valor Payroll Solutions has, quite literally, changed my life. I’m the CEO of a small, but fast growing, company, and I had previously been taking care of our multi-state payroll myself. It was overwhelming and I did not have the necessary expertise. Christina from Valor stepped in and took our payroll over completely, including all of the multi-state tax filings and other reporting. She also fixed all of the mistakes I didn’t even know I had made. She is kind, gracious, knowledgeable, attentive, and communicative. She has improved my company and has allowed us to continue growing. I would recommend Valor to any company with payroll needs. You will kick yourself for not doing it sooner.
Christina with Valor Payroll Solutions has been nothing short of amazing for our small business. She is kind, she is patient, she is prompt, and she has helped us learn so much that our previous payroll company was letting slide through the cracks. We are so grateful to have found her.
Christina was extremely helpfully and very patient. Christina delivered good work on this project. I enjoyed working with her, Her communication was top-notch, she met all deadlines, and her skills were reasonably strong. She helped me find additional information. I enjoyed working with Christina and will definitely be working with her in the future. Thank you Christina.
If I could give a 10 star I WOULD!! Usually I don’t take time to actually write reviews unless the experience was top notch. Christina is by far the MOST patience and professional individual, I’ve had the pleasure of working with. She answered all of my seriously silly questions without belittling me. She responds very fast, with great detail and clarity. I’ll def be using her again. Thank me later!
Christina was very knowledgeable in all the HR and hiring rules. She really helped me set up the hiring system for my startup. She called CA FTB to confirm the details and went over and above to do her job perfectly. It was awesome working with her and I am glad I hired her.
Christina is a great professional, works fast, pays attention to details, and is very thorough. Hope to work with her on more extensive tasks!
Christina did an excellent job on my project. Fast, professional and her work was superb!
Christina Hageny did some early work for our company and we were so impressed with her level of knowledge, expertise and commitment to the project that we signed her on to manage our company’s payroll full time. We deal in all 50 states and have employees spread out all over the country. As you can imagine, we brought a pretty complex set-up to the relationship, but Christina tackled it without any issue and got us back into compliance while ensuring that our team got compensated correctly and on time along the way. We do and will continue to recommend Christina Hageny and Valor Payroll Solutions to our friends and colleagues. Capable, trustworthy and unparalleled customer service!