Valor Payroll Solutions
Arizona Payroll Information
Enterprise payroll expertise, exclusively for small businesses.
Paying Employees in Arizona
Arizona 2023 Minimum Wage:
- $13.85 per hour*
- $3.00 per hour tip credit maximum
- * Minimum wage may vary by city
Arizona Overtime Rules:
- 1.5 x’s the regular rate of pay for non-exempt employees for all hours worked over 40 in a workweek
- When an employee’s wages are paid by deposit in a financial institution the employee shall be furnished with a written or electronic statement of the employee’s earnings and withholdings.
- When an employee’s wages are paid to a payroll card account the employee shall be furnished with a written or electronic statement of the employee’s earnings and withholdings.
How often do you have to pay employees in Arizona?
- Employees must be paid at least twice per month, no more than 16 days apart. If the payday falls on a holiday the employer must pay the employee prior to the scheduled pay date.
When is an employee’s final check due in Arizona?
- Involuntary terminations – within seven working days or the next payday, whichever is sooner
- Voluntary resignations – next payday
- Register online
Wages subject to Arizona withholding
- Wages earned in Arizona are subject to Arizona income tax
Arizona Employee’s Withholding Exemption Certificate
- Form A-4
- California, Indiana, Oregon, and Virginia
Arizona Withholding Tax Due Dates
- If the average AZ income tax in the preceding 4 calendar quarters is less than $200 they may deposit annually.
- If the average is between $200 and $1,500 payment can be made quarterly (by the last day of the month following the end of the quarter).
- If the average exceeds $1,500 payments should be made at the same time as federal withholding deposits.
Arizona Unemployment Tax Registration
- Register online
Arizona Unemployment Tax Employer Liabilities
- New employer rate: 2%
- 2023 Wage Base: $8,000
Arizona Unemployment Tax Due Dates
- Return and payment are due quarterly on the last day of the month following the end of the reporting period
Arizona New Hire Reporting
- Report new hires within 20 days of hire/rehire
- PO Box 142901
Austin, TX 78714
- Phone: 888-282-2064
- Fax: 888-282-0502
- Report new hires online
Arizona Child Support
PO Box 52107
Phoenix, AZ 85072
- Phone: 602-252-4045
- Remit Arizona child support payments online
Additional Arizona Business Resources
What Our Satisfied Clients are Saying
Valor Payroll Solutions has, quite literally, changed my life. I’m the CEO of a small, but fast growing, company, and I had previously been taking care of our multi-state payroll myself. It was overwhelming and I did not have the necessary expertise. Christina from Valor stepped in and took our payroll over completely, including all of the multi-state tax filings and other reporting. She also fixed all of the mistakes I didn’t even know I had made. She is kind, gracious, knowledgeable, attentive, and communicative. She has improved my company and has allowed us to continue growing. I would recommend Valor to any company with payroll needs. You will kick yourself for not doing it sooner.
Christina with Valor Payroll Solutions has been nothing short of amazing for our small business. She is kind, she is patient, she is prompt, and she has helped us learn so much that our previous payroll company was letting slide through the cracks. We are so grateful to have found her.
Christina was extremely helpfully and very patient. Christina delivered good work on this project. I enjoyed working with her, Her communication was top-notch, she met all deadlines, and her skills were reasonably strong. She helped me find additional information. I enjoyed working with Christina and will definitely be working with her in the future. Thank you Christina.
If I could give a 10 star I WOULD!! Usually I don’t take time to actually write reviews unless the experience was top notch. Christina is by far the MOST patience and professional individual, I’ve had the pleasure of working with. She answered all of my seriously silly questions without belittling me. She responds very fast, with great detail and clarity. I’ll def be using her again. Thank me later!
Christina was very knowledgeable in all the HR and hiring rules. She really helped me set up the hiring system for my startup. She called CA FTB to confirm the details and went over and above to do her job perfectly. It was awesome working with her and I am glad I hired her.
Christina is a great professional, works fast, pays attention to details, and is very thorough. Hope to work with her on more extensive tasks!
Christina did an excellent job on my project. Fast, professional and her work was superb!
Christina Hageny did some early work for our company and we were so impressed with her level of knowledge, expertise and commitment to the project that we signed her on to manage our company’s payroll full time. We deal in all 50 states and have employees spread out all over the country. As you can imagine, we brought a pretty complex set-up to the relationship, but Christina tackled it without any issue and got us back into compliance while ensuring that our team got compensated correctly and on time along the way. We do and will continue to recommend Christina Hageny and Valor Payroll Solutions to our friends and colleagues. Capable, trustworthy and unparalleled customer service!